U-Pick – at Paradise Plants Garden Centre. Join us for our annual U-Pick Blueberry, Raspberry, & Rhubarb crops. Our team of Designers and the Specialists at Paradise Plants will give you a space you absolutely LOVE. Landscaping and much, much more! At the Garden Centre we offer Pottery Garden Ware & Statuary as well as shrubs, trees, perennials. These include conifers, fruit trees, fruit bushes, hanging baskets and garden ware. In addition to a Garden Centre we offer landscape design and landscaping. We service Comox Valley and, most noteworthy, surrounding communities. Handling projects of all sizes because none are too big or too small. Mini-spaces as much as acreages, we love them all. Projects are quoted once the main design is complete.
Garden Design and Landscaping
Paradise Plants also installs irrigation systems and sprinklers. We build ponds and wooden garden features. Specialties are: • Ponds & Waterfalls • Patios: Slate ~ Stone ~ Block • Stone & Boulder Features • Garden Walls ~ Alan Block • Xeriscapes ~ Drought Tolerant • Synlawn Synthetic Turf • Trellises ~ Wood Features • Irrigation ~ Sprinkler Systems • Container Gardening. Our landscape team works throughout the year and has been installing gardens since 2002. Furthermore we are the local dealer and licensed installer for Synlawn. The Landscaping & Garden Installation crew installs synlawn because it’s the best synthetic turf available in Canada. In addition it has a Fifteen Year Warranty! Reasons include, first of all • turf looks amazing! • easiest lawn to look after. • another reason – the most realistic synthetic putting surface ever. Especially relevant: tour pros like Phil Mickleson practice on it.
At the Garden Centre we carry a wide selection of plant material. These include: – Fruit trees & Berries – Shade Trees – Japanese Maples – Grasses & Perennials – Conifers & Hedging – Flowering Shrubs – Roses – Hanging Baskets. In addition: – Pottery & Garden Ware – Giftware, finally: – Fertilizers, Soils & more… We love gardens and plants. Most of all we love people. In conclusion, come and browse or bring the kids through our maze.
< —————END NO EDIT——————————————-
Raspberry and Blueberry U-Pick is Open !
We open at 9am daily, and early mornings are the easiest picking. Our fields close at 4:30.
Raspberries are $4/pound.
Blueberries are $3/pound.
Due to Covid-19 we have had to implement picking guidelines from the Ministry of Agriculture.
Please note that these are not our rules, and here is a link to the information if you wish to read:
Please stay home if you are unwell.
- Masks are recommended.
- Customers must stay 2.0 meters ( 6’ ) apart from each other and from store staff.
- Families must stay together – this means your children must be next to you at all times.
- Hands must be washed before and after entering our picking areas.
- Sampling is not permitted – avoidance of hand to mouth to berry.
- Customers are not permitted to bring their own containers. They must purchase containers from us, and yes, we understand this makes no sense but we don’t want a fine. Our containers will be sold at cost.
- Lingering afterward in terms of picnicking and meeting friends is not permitted. (So sad !)
Here are our additional rules in response to the new policies:
- Due to the requirement of frequent washroom cleaning, we have optioned to not provide a public washroom or any beverages this season.
- No pets are permitted in the berry fields. We DO allow leashed pets in our garden centre, and we LOVE dogs but please leave them at home when you are picking.
Remember, this is for the safety of our community.
If you have any questions before arriving, please call our store directly 250-897-3898.
On a positive, happy note, our berry crops are wonderful this year due to our cool, wet spring!
Fresh, luscious fruit! We promise to never use any insecticides, fungicides, or herbicides. Pollination is taken care of by bees from the hives kept right on our farm ~ you can buy the honey here too.